Powerful. By Design.
Put your hands on the wheel of a Mustang and you feel one thing above everything else: power. With four engines to choose from, the new Mustang is designed to overwhelm the senses with its pulse-raising torque and legendary roar. Make no mistake – the Mustang is engineered for pure exhilaration.
Mustang has always been about power. The 2016 models continue in that tradition. Each engine delivers at least 300 horsepower.
- The 3.7L V6 offers up 300 hp and 280 lb.-ft. of torque. Standard on V6 Fastback model.
- The 2.3L EcoBoost® engines churns out 310 hp* and 320 lb.-ft. of torque.* Standard on EcoBoost® and EcoBoost Premium models.
- The 5.0L V8 kicks out 435 hp* and 400 lb.-ft. of torque.* Standard on GT and GT Premium models.
- The 5.2L V8 delivers 526 hp and 429 lb.-ft. of torque. Standard on the Shelby GT350®
Available launch control and class-exclusive** available Electronic Line-Lock enhance the performance feel of the Pony car, while available driving modes allow you to dial in the handling dynamics to your liking.
*Tested with 93-octane fuel.
**Class is High-Power Sports Cars.
Precise handling and control
The front and rear suspension systems work together to provide precise handling and control.
- Fully independent rear suspension
- Double-ball-joint front suspension
- Pitch control during hard acceleration and hard braking
- Reduction of body roll improves the overall feel and ride vs. the previous generation.
Selectable Drive Modes*
Customizable driving modes let you dial in preferred handling dynamics
- Choose from four settings: normal, snow/wet, sport and track
- Mustang adjusts its handling and response characteristics to optimize control
- Select driving modes by using the toggle switch on the center stack
Start Your Imaginations
Like the Mustang, our Customizer is new from the ground up. The only limit? Your imagination.
- 3-D rendering allows you to customize from any angle
- Nearly endless custom colors and options
- Create a profile and save dozens of cars
- Share your creation with your social networks
- Future updates: racing game and more parts
- Download the app on your handheld device to customize anywhere*
*Message and data rates may apply
Winning has always been a part of its DNA.
The 2016 Mustang* was among the 48 vehicles, across 13 classes of automobiles, to be named a Consumers Digest Best Buy** recommendation for the 2016 model year. And, boasting strong residual values, a low fair purchase price and low maintenance cost, the 2016 Mustang GT captured Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com 5-Year Cost to Own Award.† The award recognizes the lowest estimated out-of-pocket expense drivers are likely to incur beyond the initial vehicle purchase price.
*Including Mustang V6 Fastback, EcoBoost® Fastback, V6 Convertible, EcoBoost Premium Fastback, GT Fastback, EcoBoost Premium Convertible, GT Premium Fastback, GT Premium Convertible.
**The Best Buy Seal and other licensed materials are registered certification marks and trademarks of Consumers Digest Communications LCC, used under license. For award information, visit ConsumersDigest.com.
†2016 model-year vehicle’s projected cost to own for the initial five-year ownership period is based on the average Kelley Blue Book 5-Year Cost to Own data which considers depreciation and costs such as fuel and insurance. For more information, visit www.kbb.com.